- April 2017: Awarded the B.R.A.G. Medallion
- February 2017: Received a wonderful review and named as a ‘Discovered Diamond’ https://discoveringdiamonds.blogspot.co.uk/
- September 2016: Short-listed for the Carousel Aware Prize 2016
- 31st December 2015: ‘Honourable Mention’ General Fiction Category of the London Book Festival.
- The Historical Novel Society reviews the The Bowes Inheritance (Click here for HNS Review) and deems it an ‘Editor’s Choice’.
- The Historical Novel Society long-lists The Bowes Inheritance for the HNS 2016 Indie Awards.
A Sample of 5* Reviews for The Bowes Inheritance (Amazon UK & US – 50 reviews)
- “Being a Georgette Heyer fan for the last 25 years, I didn’t think I would ever find a writer that would captivate me to the same extent again. However, ‘The Bowes Inheritance’ has renewed my love for historical fiction. Once I started this book, I could not put it down, I loved every page of it. It has wonderful characters, a captivating storyline and with the attention to historical detail, you could imagine yourself back in the 19th century. All in all, a thoroughly enjoyable read.”
- “The author gives us an authentic glimpse into the worlds of the gentrified landlords, as well as the struggles of the farm workers, the estate servants, and the laboring working class in Ireland, which brought about the rise of the Fenian movement.”
- “The book has more to offer than mere romance. It has great historical and descriptive detail and a strong characterisation that easily surprasses that of simple historical romances. I cared for the lead and secondary characters and found the chemistry and plot convincing. There are political aspects to the plot concerning Fenians and the fight for Irish independence which make this a much deeper and rounded novel.”