Today, I am delighted to host Vicky Adin on the blog tour for Gwenna The Welsh Confectioner.
The book is part of Vicky’s series: The New Zealand Immigrant Collection – suspenseful family saga fiction about overcoming the odds
You can follow the tour by clicking on this link: Tour Schedule Page: https://maryanneyarde.blogspot.com/2022/05/blog-tour-gwenna-welsh-confectioner-new.html
Gwenna The Welsh Confectioner by Vicky Adin
Against overwhelming odds, can she save her legacy?
Gwenna’s life is about to change. Her father is dead and the family business on the brink of collapse. Thwarted by society, the plucky sweet maker refuses to accept defeat.
Amid the bustling vibrancy of Auckland’s Karangahape Road, she promised her father she would fulfil his dreams and save her legacy. But thanks to her overbearing stepbrother that legacy is at risk. Gwenna must find hidden strengths and fight for her rights if she is to keep her promise.
She falls in love with the cheeky and charming Johnno, but just when things are beginning to look up, disaster strikes. Throughout the twists and turns of love and tragedy, Gwenna is irrepressible. She refuses to relinquish her goal and lets nothing and no one stand in her way. Blind to anything that could distract her, Gwenna overlooks the most important person in her life, putting her dreams, her family, and her chance at happiness in jeopardy.
[Trigger Warnings: Domestic violence, death.]
Available on Kindle Unlimited.
Universal series links:
- Gwenna The Welsh Confectioner: https://books2read.com/u/38eQDr
- Brigid The Girl from County Clare: https://books2read.com/u/md67KW
- The Costumier’s Gift: https://books2read.com/u/3n57eK
- Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gwenna-Welsh-Confectioner-Vicky-Adin-ebook/dp/B0732QDT2Z
- Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/Gwenna-Welsh-Confectioner-Vicky-Adin-ebook/dp/B0732QDT2Z
- Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/Gwenna-Welsh-Confectioner-Vicky-Adin-ebook/dp/B0732QDT2Z
- Amazon AU: https://www.amazon.com.au/Gwenna-Welsh-Confectioner-Vicky-Adin-ebook/dp/B0732QDT2Z
Vicky Adin is a family historian in love with the past. Like the characters in her stories, she too, is an immigrant to New Zealand, arriving a century after her first protagonists and ready to start a new life.
Born in Wales, she grew up in Cornwall until aged 12. Her family emigrated to New Zealand, a country she would call home. Vicky draws on her affinity for these places in her writing. Fast forward a few years, and she marries a fourth-generation Kiwi bloke with Irish, Scottish and English ancestors and her passion for genealogy flourishes.
The further she dug into the past the more she wanted to record the lives of the people who were the foundations of her new country. Not just her ancestors but all those who braved the oceans and became pioneers in a raw new land. Her research into life as it was for those immigrants in the mid-late 1800s and early 1900s gave her enough material to write about the land left behind and the birth of a new nation for many years.
Vicky holds a MA(Hons) in English, is a lover of art, antiques, gardens, good food and red wine. She and her husband travel throughout New Zealand in their caravan and travel the world when they can. She hopes that younger generations also enjoy learning about the past through her stories as much as she had in writing them.
Social Media Links:
- Website: https://vickyadin.co.nz/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/VickyAdin
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VickyAdinAuthor/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vicky-adin-82b74513/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/vickyadinauthor/?hl=en
- Pinterest: https://nz.pinterest.com/nzvicky/
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/vicky-adin
- Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Vicky-Adin/e/B006JTB0VE
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6543974.Vicky_Adin